The businesses offer a range of exercise modalities including strength training, boxing and Pilates.
Many businesses offer group classes, such as Platinum Pilates and Body Fit Training. Platinum Pilates owner Stephanie Carpenter said her business focuses on both fitness and community.
“Ultimately our idea is focusing on the community and helping people become their better selves,” Carpenter said.
Check out these six gyms and fitness-focused businesses that opened in the McKinney area this year.
1. Harter Strength and Conditioning
The business’s fitness training assists in strength building, injury prevention, sports development and weight loss, according to its website.
2. Body Fit Training
3. Mayweather Boxing + Fitness
The fitness center conducts several high-intensity interval training sessions ranging from 45-60 minutes as well as personal training, cardio conditioning and boxing.
4. Platinum Pilates
The community-based fitness studio offers traditional Pilates instruction through reformer machine-based training methods.
5. Inpower IQ Performance Center
The athletic center offers customized athletic training for young athletes as well as adults and athletic professionals.
6. Kung Fu Academy of North Texas
Students can learn a variety of martial arts disciplines, including Long Fist, San Da and Shuai Chiao.
More gyms and fitness businesses are slated to open in McKinney in 2024. These businesses include two Pilates studios, Bodybar Pilates and Jetset Pilates. Fitness gym Planet Fitness is also slated to open in McKinney, taking over the former retail space that housed Tuesday Morning at the intersection of Virginia Parkway and Central Expressway, according to documents filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. The gym is expected to open in summer, according to a representative of the brand.
- A trainer responsible for transforming the bodies of Michael B. Jordan and Keke Palmer shares the 2 biggest fitness mistakes to avoid
- The best QVC deals on weights, treadmills
- Fitness Lessons To Learn From Celebrities
- Tiger Shroff And Angad Bedi Have A Hilarious Exchange On Fitness Notes On Social Media
- Young Garuda to Optimize Fitness Against Myanmar