- Florence Pugh’s fashion game has always been strong AF, but she really took it to the next level at this year’s Met Gala.
- As she walked up the steps of the Met, the 27-year-old actress stunned in a custom Valentino gown that totally highlighted her super-strong abs. Plus: her shaved head was accessorized with a feathered headpiece. How cool is that?!
- Flo’s secret to being in such great shape? She goes all in on training. She even does her own stunts.
Florence Pugh knows how to create a fashion moment—I mean, just look at pretty much anything she’s worn on the red carpet in the past year. So, naturally, when she showed up at the Meta Gala in a custom Valentino gown, complete with a feathered headpiece and shaved head, she totally owned it.
Flo rocked a white gown with a plunging neckline and black bow detail that highlighted her incredibly toned abs. Turns out, the 27-year-old actress shaved her head for her upcoming role in We Live in Time. Florence said in an interview that the experience of shaving her head was “unbelievable,” adding that she “happily” did it. “I thought, What is a better way to release it to the world than at the Met?” she said, adding that she’s been “keeping it under wraps for about three weeks now.”
Of course, Florence is all about fashion talking points—and body positivity. When people gave her heat for going braless in a hot pink Valentino dress, she clapped back. “So many of you wanted to aggressively let me know how disappointed you were by my ‘tiny tits’, or how I should be embarrassed by being so ‘flat chested,’” she wrote on Instagram. “I’ve lived in my body for a long time. I’m fully aware of my breast size and am not scared of it.”
Of course, Florence always looks super confident and strong. What’s she doing these days? Well, she likes to do her own stunts—and that’s no joke in the fitness department. “I really enjoy stunts,” she told Glamour UK, of playing superhero Yelena Belova in Black Widow. “I wanted to do as many stunts, so straight away, I learnt kickboxing and knife training.”
Flo also will do home workouts. She hilariously shared an Instagram post in 2021 of her yoga mat hanging in the grass alongside a kettlebell, dog, and chicken. “I was ambushed,” she joked in the caption. “Houdini, Albert, and Flo tried working out together..🌼🌞.”
Florence gave CrossFit a go for six weeks during prep for her role as WWE Diva Paige in Fighting with My Family, too. “For me, the most interesting thing at the beginning was learning what’s a good position and what’s a bad position,” she told the CrossFit blog. “Obviously, that is what wrestling is all about. You need to move the correct way in order to keep yourself safe and the person you’re wrestling safe.”
This content is imported from poll. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
Food-wise, Florence has made it clear that she likes to eat. She even recently joked on Instagram that her grandmother was “hitting up that snack bar before she does anything else” at a photoshoot, before adding, “#likegrannylikegranddaughter.”
“We have to be eating good,” she previously told Glamour. “I’m someone that my whole day is based around lunch, dinner, what I’m gonna cook, what I’m gonna eat.”
Keep living your best life, Flo!
Korin Miller is a freelance writer specializing in general wellness, sexual health and relationships, and lifestyle trends, with work appearing in Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Self, Glamour, and more. She has a master’s degree from American University, lives by the beach, and hopes to own a teacup pig and taco truck one day.
- This Skin-Perfecting Tint Lasts Through Kettlebell Workouts and Always Gets Me Compliments When I Wear It
- Try a 7-Day Glutes Workout Challenge for Butt-Building Exercises
- This Guy Took Up Pickleball and Kettlebells And Dropped 70 Pounds
- This 4-move single kettlebell workout strengthens all your muscles in under 20 minutes
- How to get into the swing of kettlebell training