TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Parkside Psychiatric Hospital and Clinic hosted the Tulsa Dog Run: By Your Side 5k and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk on Saturday, Oct. 7, at Mohawk Park.
The Tulsa Dog Run hosted pet owners to join a morning of fun and fitness alongside their beloved dogs.
Participants and their furry companions received special pet participation medals, plus participated in exciting contests such as “Cutest Dog” and “Best Dog Trick” with fantastic prizes.
Additionally, a costume contest for a prize was available for both pets and their owners to add to the day’s festivities.
However, By Your Side is not just for dog owners.
Families and runners of all ages were welcome to join, whether or not they had a dog.
The 5K race course for (runners only) was sanctioned, and awards were presented to the top three runners in each age group.
Dog owners also had the option of joining a “5k With Your Dog” that was not sanctioned.
The event featured a DJ, race day snacks, and beverages, plus many different vendors.
Proceeds from this event directly supported Parkside’s By Your Side Patient Assistance program, established in 2003.
This program aids Parkside patients and their families struggling with chronic illnesses that hinder stable employment.
The funds raised will contribute to food purchases and pet food for the Parkside food pantry, benefiting the community.
- A trainer responsible for transforming the bodies of Michael B. Jordan and Keke Palmer shares the 2 biggest fitness mistakes to avoid
- The best QVC deals on weights, treadmills
- Tiger Shroff And Angad Bedi Have A Hilarious Exchange On Fitness Notes On Social Media
- Young Garuda to Optimize Fitness Against Myanmar
- Oura Ring vs Whoop: A faceless tracker face off